Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Review: Romeo and Juliet

As you probably all know, we saw the play Romeo and Juliet on Tuesday, so I figured I might as well write a little review of it.

Like all of Shakespeare's work, it was very well written. The actors were very good at the parts that they played, and whoever did the casting is good at their job. The costumes were creative in adding a somewhat more modern feel to the production, even if the script was still in Shakespearean english. The one thing that stood out in my mind negatively was the backwards cap that one of the characters wore. I think that they were creative in finding many ways to use the one large prop that they had, the bridge, to create the mental image of different environments. As I said earlier, the cast was superb. They were good at acting and they were very convincing for each of their roles. The additions that were made to the script were also good, and funny at times. I think we all laughed when Mercutio is stabbed and he collapses against the wall and just says, "I'm hurt."


In all seriousness, I believe that for the small number of people and props that were involved, this was a fantastic play.

Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment